Thursday 7 May 2015

Recollecting A Forgotten Desire

BROKEN OATH BOOK REVIEW - CHAPTER FIVE

I am excited about this chapter, I find it absolutely fascinating in this part of the book; after many Eons, Karob - the Lord of Karma, suddenly has a flash memory and recalls his soul's purpose; the pursuit of Melee; the Lady of Time and is surprised as to how he could have forgotten this issue. Actually he is fortunate as most of people drift through life with no idea why they are here or what they are really meant to be doing.

Many of us have a lot of unexplained and unresolved issues in our lives and no knowledge of how they got there or how to deal with them. Most of us would never consider the concept of reincarnation and that we bring our 'stuff' with us whether good or bad, into our next existence. We just see our situation as somebody else's fault or that is just the way life is.

Our subconscious mind is always trying to 'wake us up' to get us to remember; you know, that weird feeling you sometimes get - a feeling of something you are trying to remember but it always slip your mind. Or maybe you experience déjà vu.

Karob kept trying to remember, then without notice, it all came flooding back; emotions and all.  Amongst his feelings he must have felt angry, perhaps at himself for being hoodwinked. And I can imagine his frustration because now he was in a situation where his hands were tied and he is bound to a commitment at the behest of a higher force. I wonder how many of us have 'awaken' only to find our powers have been contricted by circumstances, environment, people around us or maybe even a continent.

In reality, the mass of humankind are unable to complete the journey of their soul's purpose, even when they have awaken; I can imagine that many, maybe, through embarrassment, thrust themselves into a state of frustration which manifests through illness, dis-ease of all kind and even phobias without ever knowing why.

I remember when I was child around 7 or 8 years of age, I was reading a book. Many of you may know this book; Cat In The Hat by Dr Seuss. As I read the book, I began reading a page where the cat was taking a bath, he pulled the plug and as the water began to be swallowed up in the plughole, the vacuum was so strong that it sucked the Cat In The Hat in as well. As I read, my emotions turns to shock horror and at that moment, I had a flash memory; it was something I forgot to remember, something terrible. What was it?............

I was afraid of water; something happened a long time ago, I didn't know what it was, I only knew it was bad and I had to stay away from deep water. This memory that came from nowhere had gripped me so strongly that after the recollection, for the rest of my life growing up, I steered clear away from anything that resembled deep water; I would only take shallow bath, I would never wash dishes with the sink 'full' of water. I can recall even being afraid as I put my hand in the sink to pull the plug.  I was apprehensive as I felt the suction of the water being lured into the plughole.  I did not go swimming at school, though I had to sit by in the swimming pool area and watch the other kids enjoy themselves, little did they know how terrified I was just being in that environment.

This phobia continued well into my adult life and into my 40's. What was it that I remembered?........ I drowned. I just couldn't remember where or when, but the fear of water and drowning was real.

Do you want to know how I found out what happened to me? How, where and why I drowned?.........Well, that's another story.

But can you now imagine how Karob soon became obsessed with finding Melee. He had to go back to the exact same location where he last saw her in order to pick up her spiritual trail. His frustration will continue as he now tries hard to get back on track and continue with his soul’s purpose.

Like Karob; all our ills are merely forgotten or unfinished business and issues, the soul never forgets; only when we deal with them and complete them, will they cease to plague our lives.

You can find out how I solved the mystery of my phobia in my next blog.

Best Regards


D. A. Martin
Bestseller Author of Broken Oath
Awarded An Honorary Mention
by the London Book Festival Award (2014)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-Oath-D-A-Martin/dp/1291517537/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385064589&sr=8-1&keywords=Broken+oath

http://www.doramartin.tel

http://www.doratheauthor.blogspot.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dora-The-Author-Books/657344564284562

http://youtu.be/5hN3aLIpFFA

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10613721/broken-oath

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=D._A._Martin





No comments:

Post a Comment