Friday 30 August 2013

A Short Trip To Newcastle

I went to Darlington on August Bank Holiday Monday this week to support my fellow Author with her bestseller campaign for newly released book THE ENCHANTED GRANDFATHER'S CLOCK.  Went I got to there, I could not get the carriage door open and the conduct on the train was not very helpful in explain to me how to open the door.   As a result, the train moved on and I ended in Newcastle.  A few years ago I would have panicked tremendously.  But I thought well,  I am still in the UK.  I had to get the conductor to write me a note stating that I missed my stop to get off and to allow me to get a train back to Darlington.  I just had to laugh at the situation because there was nothing else I could do.  It turns out you had to open the carriage window and open the door from the outside.  There was no sign indicating this.  Needless to say I shall be complaining the the train company.  (East Coast trains).  There carriage is not user friendly plus I could have been disable in some way.  I had no help to get off the train.  I did have support from some of the passengers.  Its nice to know that there are nice people in the world.

I get to Darlington eventually 2 1/2 hours later, and my friend did achieve bestseller status with her  book.   Well done Charlotte Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment