Friday 30 August 2013

Get Some NUTS

STORYTELLING - GET SOME NUTS
This last winter, a brave and bold squirrel kept coming up to the entrance of my apartment building at the same time each morning whilst I was on my way to work.  At first, I had no monkey nuts to offer him, and he would not go away but chattered to me for a considerable while as I tried to convince him I was empty handed.  Anyway, so as not to disappoint him next time; I bought a bag of nuts.  And the next day, there he was, bold as brass, looking through the bottom window on the door as though he was seriously looking for a long lost friend.  I came out of the building; the squirrel wasn’t even afraid as he came up, stretched out his arms and took the nut which I offered him.  This went on for a few days and then I never saw him again.  As the weeks went by, I still looked out for that courageous squirrel but he was nowhere to be seen.  Soon, another squirrel was in the vicinity.  I tried to encourage it to take my nut but even though I could clearly see he wanted to retrieve it, fear overtook him and he would run off.  I would see this squirrel near my apartment often and each time the situation was the same; I offered him a nut, but fear always overtook him grasping the opportunity of having a free and effortless snack.

Does this sound like you?  Do you let opportunity pass you by because of your fears?  What has it cost you?

Where are you in life now?  How long will you let that moment pass you by?  Take courage; GET SOME NUTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment