Monday 9 September 2013

A Random Act of Kindness

Sometimes I wonder about humanity.  People these days seem so selfish, so absorbed with themselves.  They have a 'It's nothing to do with me' attitude.  As for me, I try to make a difference:-

A couple of days ago I was walking behind a woman, she was carrying more bags of shopping than she could manage.  She crossed over to the other side of the road and I watched as she huffed and puffed, in her perseverance to get to her destination before her arms gave out.  I could quite easily have ignored her but I could see her need for assistance was great. And I thought, OK, so I have to go out of my way if I helped her, big deal.  At least I will receive a blessing.

I walked across the road and said to her. "Your shopping looks heavy, would you like some help?"  She was  so glad , she didn't even say 'No, it's alright I can manage.'  She happily let me take some of her bags.  We walked and talked and she did say she hoped I didn't have to deviate from my journey.  I said it was alright, I didn't live far, just a short trip back.  We walked for about 15 minutes; I accompanied her right to her doorstep.  She was so pleased, that along with a 'thank you very much' she gave me a hug and a beautiful smile.  I said she was very welcome and went on my way.

Sometimes, if you want humanity to change, you have to make that change with a Random Act of Kindness.

Don't you agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment